How to Develop & Showcase Soft Skills
Hello World, Hope you are doing well!
Soft Skills play a vital role in Interviews and in shaping one's career.
In this Blog article learn what soft skills are, examples of soft skills, why are they important, ways to develop soft skills and how to showcase them. 😄✔️⭐️
What are soft skills?
Soft skills are your character and personality traits and help climb up the career ladder.
- They're the interpersonal skills you use each day, relate to how you work.
- Soft skills have more to do with who people are, rather than what they know.
Some examples of Soft Skills:
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Work ethics
Why are soft skills important?
- Play a vital role in resume writing
- Give you more of an edge in the interview
- Help you build strong relationships at work
- Help you excel at your job
- Could also get you a promotion or a raise.
Valuable Soft Skills from the eye of an employer:
- Time management
- Emotional intelligence
- Communication skills
- Result orientated
How do you identify Soft Skills?
- Observing feedbacks at work
- Analysis of the situation
- Digging deeper at your personality traits
- Reach out to co-workers, managers or mentors
How do you develop your Soft Skills?
- Observe colleagues at work
- Engage in conversations
- Build Decision-making approach
- Management your time
- Be adaptive
- Solve problems.
- Be open for feedback
- Reach out to co-workers, managers or mentors.
How to improve your Soft Skills?
- Find resources to help you learn
- Practice skills consistently
- Get feedback from others.
- Work with a mentor or career coach
- Seek advice
- Take an online course
How Showcase your Soft Skills on Resume?
Add a skills section to your resume
Is my skills section easy to read?
Are these skills up to date?
Are these skills unique to me?
Support your skills with examples
Hard Skills vs Soft Skills?
- Hard skills are technical knowledge gained through any life experience, including in your career or education.
KEY DIFFERENCE: How they are gained & put to use in the workplace?
EXAMPLES: -Computer technology -Data analysis -Accounting -Marketing -Web development, etc.
Soft skills are non-technical skills that impact your performance in the workplace.
You can also develop & improve your soft skills.
Include your soft skills in your resume.
Demonstrate your soft skills during interviews.
Skills are like dessert!
- Quality is greater than Quantity!
Hope this helps you. Thank you for reading!
What are your thoughts? Do share your valuable suggestions, I appreciate your honest feedback!
You should definitely check out my other Blogs:
- Python 3.9: All You need to know
- The Ultimate Python Resource hub
- GitHub CLI 1.0: All you need to know
- Become a Better Programmer
- How to make your own Google Chrome Extension
- Create your own Audiobook from any pdf with Python
- You are Important & so is your Mental Health!
See you in my next Blog article, Take care
Nice Article! Softskills are so important in these days sometimes even more than the technical ones. For me communication is very important because its the key to help others and learn from each other. And whats better than learning :D
Many of us don't distinguish between skills like soft skills and hard skills. And one of the most important soft skill is communication. Good communication skills are essential to allow others and yourself to understand information more accurately and quickly. Great Article Ayushi Rawat Really Like It🤩
This is not a blog article. This is just bullet points. And most of them are pretty obvious. This might become a descent blog post if you used this as a start and actually put some content to it. Right now this is literally what comes up when you googel "softskills for developers"
How do u create article cover and other pics for ur blog. Tools u use If u write detailed blog or youtube video then it would be great