How to Develop & Showcase Soft Skills
3 min read
Hello World, Hope you are doing well!
Soft Skills play a vital role in Interviews and in shaping one's career.
In this Blog article learn what soft skills are, examples of soft skills, why are they important, ways to develop soft skills and how to showcase them. 😄✔️⭐️
You can also refer to my YouTube Video for the same! I am sure you will like it!
What are soft skills?
Soft skills are your character and personality traits and help climb up the career ladder.
- They're the interpersonal skills you use each day, relate to how you work.
- Soft skills have more to do with who people are, rather than what they know.
Some examples of Soft Skills:
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Work ethics
Why are soft skills important?
- Play a vital role in resume writing
- Give you more of an edge in the interview
- Help you build strong relationships at work
- Help you excel at your job
- Could also get you a promotion or a raise.
Valuable Soft Skills from the eye of an employer:
- Time management
- Emotional intelligence
- Communication skills
- Result orientated
How do you identify Soft Skills?
- Observing feedbacks at work
- Analysis of the situation
- Digging deeper at your personality traits
- Reach out to co-workers, managers or mentors
How do you develop your Soft Skills?
- Observe colleagues at work
- Engage in conversations
- Build Decision-making approach
- Management your time
- Be adaptive
- Solve problems.
- Be open for feedback
- Reach out to co-workers, managers or mentors.
How to improve your Soft Skills?
- Find resources to help you learn
- Practice skills consistently
- Get feedback from others.
- Work with a mentor or career coach
- Seek advice
- Take an online course
How Showcase your Soft Skills on Resume?
Add a skills section to your resume
Is my skills section easy to read?
Are these skills up to date?
Are these skills unique to me?
Support your skills with examples
Hard Skills vs Soft Skills?
- Hard skills are technical knowledge gained through any life experience, including in your career or education.
KEY DIFFERENCE: How they are gained & put to use in the workplace?
EXAMPLES: -Computer technology -Data analysis -Accounting -Marketing -Web development, etc.
Soft skills are non-technical skills that impact your performance in the workplace.
You can also develop & improve your soft skills.
Include your soft skills in your resume.
Demonstrate your soft skills during interviews.
Skills are like dessert!
- Quality is greater than Quantity!
Hope this helps you. Thank you for reading!
I would love to connect with you at Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
What are your thoughts? Do share your valuable suggestions, I appreciate your honest feedback!
You should definitely check out my other Blogs:
- Python 3.9: All You need to know
- The Ultimate Python Resource hub
- GitHub CLI 1.0: All you need to know
- Become a Better Programmer
- How to make your own Google Chrome Extension
- Create your own Audiobook from any pdf with Python
- You are Important & so is your Mental Health!
See you in my next Blog article, Take care
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Ayushi Rawat by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!